Thursday, August 26, 2010

Care for Anabella

Wow, I am so dreadfully behind on my posts again! I don't know why it's been so hard for me to keep up this year! I really am going to get back at it tonight/this weekend and get some updated pics of the kids up here. I've got to get caught up before this new baby makes his arrival in about 3 1/2 weeks!
~
In the meantime, I thought you all might be interested in checking out a blog I follow on a regular basis. I can't imagine what this family has gone through and continues to go through as their 1 year old daughter, Bella, who has EB (a rare skin disease also known as the Butterfly skin disease because her skin is so fragile) is going through a bone marrow transplant (BMT) in Minnesota. There is no known treatment for this disease up until this point so this family is on the pioneering edge of potentially discovering a cure. Unfortunately that also means they are having a lot of unknown and unexpected side effects. Their story is so inspirational and despite all the discouraging and dissapointing news they have dealt with they somehow manage to stay upbeat and optimistic. It definitely makes me realize how incredibly lucky we are to have healthy children. Please keep this family in your prayers as they go through this journey and that they end up with a happy, healthy little girl at the end! You can find their blog at the following link: careforanabella.blogspot.com
~
Have a wonderful day and be sure to count your blessings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment