Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Valentine's 2011

I have fallen off the electronic earth for the last month or so. Upon hearing some bad news regarding some friends today I realized how little attention I have paid to e-mail, Facebook or this blog for the last month. It's amazing how fast time goes by and how quickly I get behind! So once again it's time to do my best to try and get caught up with lots of posts over the course of the last month or two. Maybe I can catch up this time before Reagan's birthday when I'll have tons of new pictures to sort through!?!?!

~

On with the post... We got to celebrate Valentine's Day over the course of a couple of weeks beginning with Grammy and GrandDad when they came up to help us get ready for the Packer Party the weekend before Valentine's Day. They gave the girls some new princess clothing among other gifts. My little princesses were very grateful!

~

Rapunzel

Tiana and Rapunzel On Valentine's Day we began by making Valentine's bags to put our Valentine's cards in. Then we made cards for each other to add to the cards we received in the mail. Reagan wrote everyone's names on their bag before we decorated them. We used different materials to decorate our bags and cards and Reagan had fun creating princess stickers by cutting out some princess heart pictures,
using my Xyron
and presto! Valentine Princess stickers!!! :)
Reagan loves using sticker shapes to create flower stickers. She is totally into this and will create by the hour and until she runs out of stickers!
We also had fun with some stamps
Jackson chilled in his jumper
We also made Valentine's Day cookies. I especially liked this and a couple other pictures because the girl's bodies reminded me of a heart shape as they worked together on their cookies. So sweet!
This one really looked like a heart to me as the worked on placing the cookies on the cookie sheet
Working together to roll out more dough
Time to eat some yummy dough!!! :)
Kennedy hard at work on her Kennedy bag
Kennedy helped Jackson out by decorating his bag with Mickey Mouse stickers since he was too little to make one on his own
The girls helped me prepare the strawberries for our pink pancakes we would make later for supper
They decided they needed a strawberry snack since they had been working so hard all day :)

Time to decorate those cookies! (No matter how many times I tell the girls not to let the shakers touch the icing it always happens and drives me crazy! lol :) You can see Kennedy's cookie is mid air in this picture due to being stuck to the shaker...)
When Daddy came home, he and Jackson worked on making Valentine's Day cards together
What a face - note how far the shaker is from the cookie and it's icing! lol :)
Working together to decorate the last cookie (somehow we ended up with an odd number)
So proud of their Valentine sugar cookie creations
Next the girls helped make pink pancakes for supper
I tried to use the heart shaped cookie cutter Aunt Arla sent us to make heart pancakes but it only worked out so so
Grammy and Aunt Arla both gave us pink marshmellows for Valentine's so we used them to top the hot chocolate we had as a special treat for supper
After supper we opened our cards and gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Scott and Aunt Arla, Nonna and Uncle David and Aunt Jolene. Thank you so much to everyone for everything!
A very excited Kennedy about M&Ms from Grandma and Grandpa!
Reagan loving some stickers from Nonna
The girls love singing cards and this one from Uncle Scott and Aunt Arla was no exception! :)
The day after Valentine's Reagan received these special flowers and bear from Uncle Scott (her Godfather) - she loved them and annouced that she was going to use these roses in her wedding (same thing she said last year - how funny!) I told her these might not make it to her wedding but she can definitely have roses some day if she would like them! :)
Reagan wanted Jackson to smell and look at her roses - so sweet! :)
Kennedy didn't say anything when Reagan received her roses but just went on being her sweet little self. She liked them of course but didn't say anything about not having received any herself. Later in the week I went to get the flowers from the entry way that Grammy had brought us for our Packer party. As I walked into the kitchen Kennedy took one look at these half wilted flowers I was holding and exclaimed "Are those my flowers?!?!?!" She insisted on holding them and hugging them and kept telling me how much she loved them. She was so precious and she was just breaking/melting my heart! I had no idea how much it meant to her. We're going to have to order some flowers for my precious Missy K in the future!
Thank you again to everyone for everything! We felt very loved this Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment