Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Many Sleeping Positions (& Places) of Missy K

Kennedy has been in the process of giving up naps the last several months. If she takes a nap, she generally can't get to sleep at night, but if she doesn't take one she can get pretty exhausted by the end of the day. I'm sure anyone with small children totally understands this dilemma... One evening while I was fixing dinner I noticed she had nearly fallen asleep at the table. Both in hopes of waking her back up and because I didn't want her to have an accident (we're newly potty trained) I asked her to go to the bathroom. She went obligingly but never returned. After I bit I noticed her abscense and went in search of her. This is what I found, bless her heart! I know I'm a terrible mother for sharing this but I think it's so funny and she (at least for the moment) thinks this story and these pictures are hilarious.

Reagan thought this situation was at least as funny as I did...This picture isn't as funny as it started out because by the time I grabbed my camera she had scooted herself back onto the bed. She was about half way out of the bed when I intially saw her. I have no idea how she didn't manage to fall out of the bed on her head. This is one of Missy K's most frequent sleeping spots as of late. I think she starts by playing Hide and Seek and forgetting to tell anyone what she's doing. I'll notice she's gone and go looking for her and low and behold she will be sleeping in a tight little ball in the bottom of one of our teeny tiny coat closets. It's funny now, but it scared the living daylights out of me the first time she dissappeared and I couldn't find her anywhere. I've taken pictures of this a couple of times but I think these were the best shots I've gotten of her. What a nut! :)Here she is...Seriously, Mom? Pictures now? Please leave me alone and let me sleep...Missy K trying desperately, however futiley, to crawl further into this tiny closet and stay asleep. lol :)Alright, Mom, take a picture if you have too...Jackson has definitely started playing with the girls and diligently follows them around doing his best to keep up. He gets quite distraught when he loses them or can't locate them. Here he is aware that Missy K is in the closet and doing his best to get to her. Love how they love each other! :)I love this sweet, silly, precious little girl!

p.s. The crazy braids in the bathroom pictures were a special request by Missy K so her hair would be "krinkly" which is a new favorite of both girls. I guess they should have grown up in the '80s. I seriously need to find a crimper...

2 comments:

  1. I got a good laugh from these pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the toilet asleep panties down time to cumon hercunt

    ReplyDelete