We celebrated Jackson's 1st birthday Labor Day weekend. Grammy & Grand-Dad, Uncle Van & Aunt Marta, and Kelly, Charlie, Chaz & Anna came from TN, Uncle Chuck & Aunt Julie came from Illinois and Great Uncle Martin & Aunt Faye came from South Carolina. Uncle Dan, Aunt Dorothy, Heidi and Holden came to join all the fun too! Thank you everyone for everything! We appreciated you coming and the day/weekend would not have been the same without you! We love you and appreciate your efforts more than you'll ever know! :)
Poor Jackson was sick and running a fever all weekend long. Bless his little heart he did not feel well and I am not sure how much of his party he truly enjoyed. He was a little sport though and we partied on around him in his honor. Love you little man! :)
Jackson's first girlfriend made it to his party all the way from Tennessee! :) These two are almost the same age and Jackson loves to get lots of kisses from Maddie and she is more than happy to provide them! lol :)
I'm serious when I say the following three pictures are the best of what I got of our wild and crazy crew of kiddos as a group at the party... These were all taken seriously. They're not the getting ready phase or anything. This is truly the best we got in an effort to take a picture of just the kids...

The LaBar Family
The Lueker Family
Uncle Chuck and Aunt Julie are so much fun! I don't know how we would have gotten ready for the party without these two marvelous entertainers! You can't help but have fun with the two of them around! We're looking forward to seeing them again this weekend and their new house! Thank you so much for coming to help celebrate Jackson's birthday with us! :)
The Stiriz Family - Kelly has been my best friend forever and Anna is Reagan's age and one of her very best friends too. Thank you so much for giving up your holiday weekend to come and celebrate Jackson's birthday with us! We're looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks for Missy K's 3rd birthday! Yay!!! :)
Jackson with his Godparents, Marta & Van Sliger and Dorothy and Dan LaBar
Uncle Van and Aunt Marta drove up from Tennessee just for the afternoon. I couldn't believe they did that for us but we sure appreciated it! Missy K keeps telling me they're coming for her birthday too. lol :) I guess we'll have to work on that! :) Thank you so very much for being here for us and especially Jackson it is a very special memory!
Uncle Dan and Aunt Dorothy practically live around the corner from us (well more like across the interestate but they're super close!) and are here for us all the time. It's awesome to have them so close by to do so many fun things with throughout the year. Reagan and Kennedy have a great time with Heidi and I know Jackson and Holden are going to be best buddies too! :)
Jackson enjoying some loving from Great Aunt Faye
We had to get a picture of all the LaBar great nieces and nephews with Great Uncle Martin and Aunt Faye and I thought this was a pretty good shot! :)
We had all the kids stamp their hands and write their names for a scrapbook layout I plan to do for Jackson's birthday party. I didn't realize the picture of the kids was going to turn out quite the way it did when I came up with this brilliant idea... lol :) 
Uncle Chuck with his girls - they sure love him lots! :)
Grand-Dad (Ted), Grammy (Sherry), Aunt Faye and Uncle Martin (Grand-Dad's oldest brother)
Aunt Faye, Anna and Grammy (Sherry) - (BTW I feel bad that Grammy isn't in more of these pictures but she literally worked her tail off during the party! There is no way I could have done it without her. Kelly was awesome at getting everything ready too and Dorothy brought the most amazing chicken-kabobs and again Aunt Julie kept all the kids happy and busy! Thank you so much everyone for all your assistance in getting this party going I could not have done it without you!)
Uncle Martin and Aunt Faye with my 3 favorite munchkins. My kids do adore Uncle Martin and Aunt Faye and it meant so much to us that they came for Jackson's birthday! That is such a special memory that we will cherish forever. Especially because of the amazing package they put together for Jackson's time capsule. It is incredible!
A beautiful Aunt Julie and Missy K having fun together 
Missy K giving Aunt Faye one of her trademark "BIG Hugs" where she comes running from across the room (or house or however far she deems appropriate) and flings herself into you. It's so sweet! I love Missy K's "BIG Hugs" there is nothing like them! :)
Holden loves Uncle Martin too! Look at that smile! :)
Jackson thought he was pretty hot stuff (not to mention hilarious) standing up by himself and clapping. We all yelled "Yay, Jackson!" and he just loved it. It was probably about the only time he smiled all day, bless his sick little heart!

Great Uncle Marting helping Jackson with a snack
Tim waited a little too long to start grilling and ended up having trouble both with the grill and the weather... At least he was able to laugh at his situation. :)
While Tim was outside grilling in the rain the kids were busy painting beautiful pictures inside :)
Reagan could not wait to sit next to Aunt Faye for dinner at Jackson's party. She was very dissapointed Saturday night when we had an adult table and kids table so she couldn't sit next to Aunt Faye. She made sure she had a seat right next to Aunt Faye when we sat down to eat Sunday evening. :)
Reagan was even more excited when Uncle Martin sat down next to her so she was between Uncle Martin and Aunt Faye! Does life get any better than this?!?!?
Jackson's theme was trucks/construction. Aunt Arla gave me the idea of doing a dirt cake in the back of a dump truck and I thought it turned out super cute! :) Plus it was the first birthday cake I've been able to do for my kids!
Holden and Jackson enjoyed their cakes in their mini dump trucks together
Jackson and Holden also had fun playing together with this new fire station from Great Uncle Martin and Aunt Faye.
My little construction worker. I did my best to get a cute picture of Jackson with his hat on but he just wasn't interested. Thank you Aunt Julie for doing your best to assist me in this endeavor... lol :)
Grand-Dad helping Jackson find a new use for his dump truck after Grammy washed it up so he could play with it. Love that smile!
Thank you to everyone for your gifts and items for the time capsule. Thank you also to everyone who sent us things. We appreciate everything everyone does for us all year long and feel extremely blessed to have you all in our lives!

I have many more pictures from the weekend but as I've gotten behind in this blog (again...) I thought I should go ahead and get at least these b-day pics up in an effort to get caught up. I certainly didn't intentionally leave anyone or thing out from this special weekend I'm just trying to catch the highlights at this point. Thanks again to everyone for all you do and Happy 1st Birthday Mr. Jackson!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.