Sunday, September 12, 2010

August This and That

Aunt Arla sent the girls a package which included princess wigs. The girls loved them! They have played with these wigs so much since receiving them. As you can see as soon as they saw the wigs they had to dress up in the appropriate princess dresses.
~
Belle and Cinderella




Aunt Arla also sent some princess gloves. Kennedy had the hardest time figuring out how to get her fingers in them straight but Katie and Lauren (the two best baby-sitters in the world!) were very patient in helping her out. :)

One Tuesday in August a ballerina from the Lexington Ballet came to our Tuesday storytime. Reagan loved this of course and wanted to dance right along with her. She was very excited to find out that this ballerina knows her teacher and has also been excited to see her a couple of times at the dance studio before and after her dance class.

Reagan loves to play the computer. This summer she has figured out how to turn it on, turn on the internet and go to her favorite games (pbskids.org or nickjr.com). Kennedy hasn't quite figured out how to play the games but she is very interested in what Reagan is doing. One afternoon Kennedy flopped herself on my bed to watch Reagan play and I just thought it was a cute picture of the two of them. :)
Tim has a couple of computer games he enjoys playing to unwind during his freetime. He also really enjoys reading. This summer he started to get bored with his game and didn't have a good book going so he decided to put a puzzle together. He ultimately decided to start with a 2,000 piece puzzle but he searched the internet and found puzzles as large as 24,000 or 30,000 pieces (I can't remember now). The reason I took a picture of his completed project, however, is because he was completely ridiculous (in my mind) about this puzzle. My family enjoys puzzles but we enjoy them as a family activity. Tim was adamant that he was the only person allowed to touch his puzzle. He said if anyone else "helped" then he wouldn't have the same feeling of accomplishment. He's such a nut! lol :) So, here is his first completed puzzle. He has since started a 3,000 piece puzzle which none of us are allowed to touch either...
The last Saturday in August was a gorgous day and we were able to go and enjoy one of Lauren's soccer games. We had wanted to go to one all last year and were somehow never able to make it. Lauren is great and it was alot of fun to watch her play!
Aunt Annette brought snacks and a couple types of drinks for the girls to enjoy while we watched Lauren's game
After the game (which Lauren's team won - yay!) the girls could not wait to actually talk to Lauren and give her a hug

A super excited Reagan to see Lauren :)

I tried to create some empty posts that I could come back and post things to in order for August and the beginning of September but Blogger is being weird. I've done this before and haven't had any problems but this time it's reordering all my posts. I have no idea why and I guess it doesn't matter... lol :) Anyhoo... if my posts seem like their coming out in an odd order (or changing order) it's because they aren't posting the way I'm trying to post them. Thanks for hanging with me as I get the blog caught up (at least momentarily). :) While talking to Dad last weekend I also realized the reason I've been having so much trouble staying caught up on the blog this year. It's is because of my new camera. We purchased a Cannon Rebel the end of last year. I love it and especially the speed it takes pictures! Fantastic! Unfortunately this means I end up with a bazillion pictures of every thing we do. So, it takes me so much longer to download and sort through pics than ever before. It's a problem worth having since I don't miss nearly as many shots anymore it just requires more time which I obviously have plenty of right now... lol :) I guess I need to figure out a new sstem for taking and sorting picstures. In the meantime I'll do my best not to get woefully behind especially since I have so many new adorable baby pictures to post this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.