Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Memory of Great Uncle Dale

I wanted to write a blog post in honor of my Great Uncle Dale who passed away last night. He was my Grandpa Carlson's younger brother. He has been ill for a long time and his death was not unexpected but it is always sad to lose someone. This is especially true for me at this moment in time on the heels of the 4th anniversary of Grandpa Carlson's passing last week and with what would have been Grandma LaBar's 101st birthday today. Uncle Dale was a wonderful man who was always easy to talk to and interested in what was going on in your life. He and Aunt Carol always went out of their way to come and visit us anytime we were in Wisconsin. They also made the effort to come to both Andrew and my weddings. Family is so important and it's equally important to stay in touch and build those relationships. I'm so fortunate that even though we lived so far away from both the Carlson's and LaBar's my parents always took the time and made the effort to ensure Andrew and I spent time with our family and had these relationships. I have been blessed to have such wonderful people and family members in my life and know Uncle Dale is in a better place watching out for all of us now!

Even though he was in poor health, Uncle Dale insisted on coming to Spencer (WI - where Grandma Carlson lives and we were visiting) last October while his daughter, Nancy, was visiting from Wyoming to see us. Thank you for always making the effort to make us feel special Uncle Dale!

No comments:

Post a Comment