Monday, July 18, 2011

Game Farm with Aunt Carla

While in Wisconsin Aunt Carla arranged for us to visit a game farm one of her friends owns outside of Spencer. They have all sorts of animals. All types of exoctic deer, lemurs, kangaroos, all kinds of birds including Ostrich, Emu, Parrots, Peacocks (White Peacocks too), all kinds of crazy chickens, multiple types of rabbits, and I'm sure much more that I'm forgetting. In looking at these pictures I don't know how I managed to get so many with Missy K because she had no interest in anything except for one animal pictured at the end. Reagan and Jackson were pretty much fascinated by everything. Here Kennedy is with Grammy and Aunt Carla checking out some of the Lemurs.These were some of the coolest chickens I have ever seen. They seriously looked like big cotton balls walking around. They were incredibly soft too. The owner caught one so we could see it up close as well as pet it. Reagan enjoyed this and Jackson was curious but Kennedy wanted nothing to do with these chickens.Reagan and Jackson were quite interested in all the bunnies but Kennedy didn't want anything to do with them either.The girls were allowed to feed the Pheasants and some of the other birds grapesThis chicken was having a bad hair day. That, or he put one of his fingers in a light socket. This picture truly does not do this creature justice. You would just have to see the way his feathers (which looked like hair) flopped around his head. It was hilarious! lol :)It was apparently mating season and this male Ostrich put on quite the show for us. He danced and danced and danced. Reagan and I thought he was the coolest animal we saw. Reagan has loved telling people about this Ostrich and doing her "Ostrich" dance for anyone who cares to watch. I must say she does a pretty good imitation. :)I think Kennedy and this bird were checking out each other's pig tails :)Missy K was afraid of this Ostrich egg at first but then warmed up to it and decided it was a pretty cool thing to hold Missy K's favorite animal by far for the day was this snake. In fact it was the only animal she was actually excited about seeing and needed absolutely no prompting to touch. She loved it! Right after the snake we went to see the baby chicks and she informed us she didn't want too because they were scary. Snake = Cool but Baby Chicks = Scary??? Sometimes my children are really strange...

Thank you to Aunt Carla and her friends for letting us come and visit all the super cool animals!

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder too about the way children see things. Kennedy is too cool. Reagan and Jackson crack me up as well. Love the bunny picture with Jackson leaned over.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.