Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sewing 101 with Grammy

I've wanted to learn how to sew for a while. Kelly helped me learn how to sew pillow case dresses last summer. I had picked up some fabric shortly after that to make a couple additional outfits and asked Grammy if she would assist me when they came up the last weekend in March. She was awesome and I have discovered I love sewing! I wish I had more time because I can see alot more of this in my future! I've made several dresses now. The girl's are wearing the dresses for Reagan's upcoming Birthday Tea Party in the pictures below. Grammy helped me a bit with Reagan's but I did Kennedy's all on my own!

The test of any dress is how well it twirls. :) These dresses actually twirl very well (although Reagan's doesn't show it well in this particular pic). Plus Grammy has purchased special slips which make these dresses "poof" (another techical classificaction and test of a good dress) as well as super twirl. Thank you Grammy for taking the time to begin to teaching me how to sew! Thank you Grand Dad and Tim for taking care of the kids all weekend so Grammy could teach me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.