Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Playdough

The girls and I made Pumpkin Spice Playdough for the BHLC preschool class the week of Halloween for the letter "H." I've been waiting all year to try out this recipe so I was super excited for it to finally be Fall and pumpkin time! :) I can't wait to try out peppermint playdough in another month! :) Here are the girls all setup with the ingredients and ready to measure and mix!We would typically only make one batch of any given recipe but since we wanted plenty for the class each of the girls were able to make their own batch of playdough. Missy K is so strong bringing the stool over to the stove!Since this playdough was cooked on low/medium heat I decided to let the girls help me out a little more at the stove than I usually do. It was pretty stiff and hard to stir once it got started though so they lost interest in helping relatively quickly and just wanted to wait for the finished product.Reagan's turn at the stove! :)Time to play and Missy K had a great time (as always) with playdough. Reagan wasn't quite as sure about the finished product and we eneded up making regular orange playdough to take to our BHLC class as well.While the girls baked and played with the playdough Jackson walked around looking brilliant with a Halloween necklace in his mouth... Love you silly boy! I like the smell and texture of this playdough. It's a bit expensive to make (as far as home made playdoughs go) because of all the spices it used. The color didn't bother Kennedy at all but my guess is it's why Reagan wasn't very excited about it. Over all, I think it's a fun thing to do and have around for Fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment