Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Scenes From Around the House

Here are some pics from around our home during the Christmas season. Kids definitely make the season interesting. lol :)
~
Thanks to Grammy we started a new family tradition of "The Elf on the Shelf" this year. For those of you who aren't familiar with this tradition one of Santa's elves comes to live with you during the month of December. Every night he flies home to the North Pole to give Santa his report on your behavoir. He's back before you wake up the next morning but hiding in a different place. It was a lot of fun and the girls loved looking for our elf, Hermie, (also called Kermie and Germie) every morning throughout the month. :)
The 4th wiseman (or first wise woman?)...
An interesting Christmas scene. I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. Obviously both our large and small princesses decided to visit the nativity. It appears that a couple of our American Girl Dolls also "crashed" the party. Leo and June wanted to see what was going on too. Maybe everyone is waiting for baby Jesus to arrive since he was the only character missing when I came across this interesting scenerio... :)
My 12 Days of Christmas Carolers. I love these characters most of whom Mom and Dad have given to me. Thanks! :)
It's so much fun to have a mantle to decorate at Christmas! Please especially note the Santa Caroler which Tim's Dad and stepmom gave me this year. Thank you so much! :) Love them, and now that I've started getting Santa's I think I'll keep adding them to my mantle decor. :)
And finally I have to share the interesting version of the Christmas story Tim and I over heard the girls telling/acting out one night in the kitchen wrapped in their favorite blankets, additional blankets up their shirts and wearing Disney princess shoes.
Reagan: I'm Mary. Not like married but Mary. You're Joseph.
Kennedy: I Joseph.
Reagan: I have Jesus in my belly.
Kennedy: I have camel in my belly.
Reagan: Okay. (dramatic pause) Lets get married. If you get married one more time, you get a baby.
~
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and enjoy all our family Christmas Pictures I'm getting ready to post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment