We spent our last day in California enjoying Sea World. It was a gorgeous day and we had lots of fun seeing all the animals. We began our day feeding the seals and sea lions. It was a little tricky and you have to watch out for the birds who are pretty determined to be fed as well but it was definitely a neat experience! :)
Since we were the first people to feed them these guys were definitely hungry and ready for some attention and food! :)

Then we headed to the brand new "Turtle Reef" exhibit. It was really neat and we were able to get some great views of a number of different types of turtles. The kids all enjoyed this exhibit including Jackson who liked watching the turtles swim back and forth. I was surprised that I was able to get some pretty decent pictures of the kids with the turtles. I especially like this first one of Missy K.


Reagan reading to everyone about the Great White Shark and the possibility of the Megladon as we enter "Shark Encounter"
Jackson was very excited about the sharks too. He really seems to enjoy being in the snuggly vs the stroller to be able to get closer looks at the animals.
I believe these were Great White Shark jaws/teeth although the picture I took of the sign so I could remember what it was said something about the Megladon... An example of some pretty fierce jaws and teeth in anycase! :)
After visiting the turtle and shark exhibits we headed to "Dolphin Stadium" to watch "Blue Horizons" which features incredible acrobats, birds, pilot whales and of course dolphins and their trainers.
We went to "Pets Stadium" to see dogs, cats, pigs, ducks etc to put on the "Pets Rule" show and it was cute and fun. Afterwards the kids were able to pet a number of the animals including this pig.
The girls cooperating (sort of) for a sisters picture
Kennedy loving "Macky" the Macaroni Penguin. When Tim had to get out of line at the Astro Orbitor at Disneyland to get socks/shoes for Jackson Kennedy was extremely good and he told her he would get her a special treat. After visiting the Penguin exhibit Kennedy decided she needed this Penguin whom she named Macky (I think there's a Diego episode with a Macaroni Penguin named Macky).
The Shamu/Orca show was amazing of course!
I LOVE this picture of Reagan and Shamu after the show. I think it looks like I caught them just before a kiss! :)
Rory and Reagan ready for a Seasame Street 4-D show
Rory reading to Missy K and Riley
The kids had a wonderful time at the "Tide Pool" where you could pick up and or touch Star Fish and Sea Urchins. We could see the Sea Urchins but we couldn't reach any of them to pick them up. I'm not sure if that's just luck or if they're slightly more intelligent than the Star Fish who were easy to reach and unmercifully loved by our children as well as everyone else. lol :)




Rory was my buddy for the week! I'm glad Stacy thought to have us get a picture together before our day was over at Sea World! You're awesome Rory and you need to come and visit us soon! :)
The kids all actually wanted their picture taken with the Shamu car
We had a fantastic time at Sea World! All the animal shows were so much fun and getting to interact with the animals like the seals, sea lions and star fish was super special and cool too! Thank you Uncle Rich, Aunt Stacy, Rory and Riley for taking us on another fun San Diego adventure! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.