Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Martin Luther King Weekend 2012

The girls love sleeping with Grammy whenever she visits. I always feel sorry for Grand-dad because he's left to wander the house in search of a bed because the girls frequently change their minds on what bed it is they're sleeping in. I feel especially bad when he ends up on the couch but he is such a sport for being so flexible! In the meantime, Grammy is a pretty good sport for being willing to sleep with my two wild and crazy girls. Jackson has become increasingly determined to do whatever the girls are doing so when they settled down for bed and to watch a movie he marched right in the bedroom and wanted to get on the bed as well. He was pleased as punch with himself for being up on the bed. I wish I could have caught his incredibly smug look on film. Thank you Grammy for attempting to sleep with my three crazy iddo kiddos (although Jackson did go to his crib at least)! :) When Missy K woke up Saturday morning she came downstairs, curled up in the entryway and did her best to go back to sleep. Grand-dad found her and called me to come and snap a picture. By the time I arrived she had popped up. I asked her to "pose" for me so I could get my picture, hence the smile on her face. In all seriousness, however, last week on the way home from gymnastics she fell asleep in the van and when I asked her to come in she barely made it in the door before lying down on the floor and falling fast asleep. No pillow, no blanket nothing but the hardwood floor in the same position as this picture. What a nut! lol :) The girls helped Grand-dad make our favorite breakfast meal when we're with them, Blueberry Muffins! :)Meanwhile Jackson was busy playing slots with Grammy. lol :) Then Jackson decided he had to go outside, immediately, without shoes or jacket. I decided I didn't want to listen to him scream inside and he'd probaly decide he wanted to be inside or at least outside with boots on if I let him take a couple of steps in the snow and make his own (well informed) decision.Poor baby! I was right though, he decided he didn't want to be on our deck barefoot that morning. :) On a truly sad note, this is the most snow we've had all winter! We can't wait for a good dump where we can sled and build a snowman! Actually, Reagan has been asking about a snowfort. I've been trying to explain to her that we are unlikely to receive enough snow for a long enough period of time to accomplish building a snowfort. I guess we need to be planning a Wisconsin winter visit before too long. :)After Jackson came back in he helped the girls lick the Blueberry Muffin bowl clean.The girls have been enjoying building with Legos more and more. Grammy brought some new Legos which are specifically geared towards girls for both Reagan and Kennedy. I was surprised how well Kennedy followed the directions with my assistance. She sometimes has a little difficulty getting the small pieces on but she was very patient and did a great job building the little bunny house, car and cart this kit came with.Grand-dad and I found this picture of the piece popping out of Kennedy's hand amusing. You can't plan these pictures! lol :)Reagan truly amazed me by tackling the directions on her own. This is the first time I remember her doing that and she did a fantastic job. She asked for assistance a couple of times but she primarily managed it by herself. Way to go Reagan!



As I'm sure anyone who has a child (or has been a child) knows there is something about taking the cushions off furniture and using them to build. There are many days I wonder why we even try to put cushions on any piece of furniture in our house! I love these pictures Grand-dad caught of Reagan "building" a hideout with what we refer to as the "Missy K chair" and our kitchen chair pads. Yep, I'm so sneaky but I am in here!Grand-dad said Reagan reminded him of Alice in Wonderland while playing under this chair. I hadn't ever thought about it but I totally agree with him, especially in this picture. I love my little Alice! :) Thank you for such a fun weekend Grammy and Grand-dad! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wisconsin is lacking in the snow department right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Grammy DOES love to snuggle with those girls - and it's ALWAYS an adventure!!! Love you all lots!! xoxoxo Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. with her ass in the air like that i wouldn't waste time removing her sleeper, just rip a hole in the back, push her panties aside andcum in her ass

    ReplyDelete