Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sliger Visits

While we were in Tennessee we were able to visit the Sliger's. They actually let our crazy crew come over twice! Thank you so much!!! :) Aunt Marta introduced Jackson to puzzles while we were there. We have puzzles like this at home but I hadn't really thought to pull them out for Jackson. Since playing with them with Aunt Marta he has been loving them! It's one of the things he plays with the most while I'm working with the girls on schoolwork. Thanks for the great idea and reminder of these puzzles Aunt Marta!Missy K, Haley and Matt playing with puppets - love this picture!Reagan and Haley putting cupcakes together from a new busy bag (the idea came from Pinterest). I'll have to do a post soon on busy bags. They are easy/inexpensive items you put in a ziplock bag that are quick and easy to grab and take along to entertain your kids. In this case I cut up different pieces of colored felt which the girls create cupcakes. They have loved the busy bags I have made so far and I have a couple more I need to do. Such a great quite and calm activity to keep little fingers and minds busy! The Sligers, as always, were way too generous with their gifts. They gave the kids a number of block sets which are wonderful and we have had a fantastic time playing with. Here Reagan just opened up the box of liquid water colors. I am so excited about these! I have seen some amazing projects on Pinterest and other Homeschool blogs using liquid water colors and I just need to get my act together to use them. Thank you so much for these incredible gifts!!!Kennedy and Haley checking each other out through a magnifying glass. :)Jackson decided Matt was his favorite person in the house. It totally cracked me up because while Matt was awesome with Jackson, as a teenage guy, I'm guessing he was the least interested person in having Jackson bestow all his affection upon him. Thank you Matt for being such a sport!Our second visit was to come over and see Luci. She is such a doll and talker too! This is one super smart little girl!!!Luci and Jackson playing with the kitchen we gave to Luci for Christmas and her first birthday.Missy K showing off her incredible new tutu that Gigi made for her for Christmas. Beautiful!!!As always the girls love the chairs that spin. I believe they spun faster than ever before this time and Missy K actually managed to get sick. I can't believe how much she vomitted. :( I had thought we would spend a little less time spinning in the future but here is Matt spinning the girls again on our second visit...Thank you for having us over and thank you for all the wonderful gifts! You all are too good to us and we appreciate all you do for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment